The Ford Theatres bring people together for transformative arts experiences that inspire, empower and ignite cultural exchange.
Recognizing that active participation by all communities in Los Angeles County’s cultural life is integral to building a society where all people have a voice, the Ford Theatres embrace the following guiding principles:
• The creative and cultural expression of all people of the region is of equal value
• Programming that illuminates the complex diversity of the region sparks curiosity and dialogue and opens pathways to greater understanding of Los Angeles’ many communities
• Access to top-of-the-line amenities is crucial for under-resourced and growth ready artists and producers to realize their work and raise their visibility
• Skill building and peer-to-peer learning opportunities for artists and producers strengthens the region’s artistic infrastructure
• Welcoming environments encourage participation, innovation and collaboration
The John Anson Ford Theatres are owned and operated by the County of Los Angeles. Located in a 32-acre County regional park, the facility is run through a three-way partnership between the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Ford Theatre Foundation.
The John Anson Ford Theatres complex is one of the oldest performing arts venues in Los Angeles still in use. Each year, the Ford partners with LA County-based arts organizations to present an eclectic season of culturally diverse music, dance, theatre, film and family events.
Due to construction to the amphitheatre scheduled to begin September 2014, the 2015 summer season will be pre-empted. To read more, visit our News & Press Room.